Grab my Button

 photo photoCAP1SN6V.jpg

Tuesday 27 August 2013

The dreaded headlice

Itchy little creatures which have been very annoying for the last 2 weeks. I tried pretty much every over the counter headlice treatment and still after repeating some of them the girls still had them. I then tried the conditioner trick ( putting half a pot of conditioner on leaving for half hour and brushing with a nit comb for half an hour which is very long and although i got a few out it didnt solve the problem.  They was only tiny but they just seemed to multiply. I have never had the bad luck of catching nits so i can only imagine how irratating they can be! On reading up apparantly the saying that they only go on "clean" or "dirty" hair what ever you have heard is an old wives tale.
After not getting rid of them successfully i started to read up on what i could try next! Couldn't believe it when it said to use original lysterine mouthwash! so i thought i would give it ago. To my success i bought it and it worked first time i have since repeated twice more incase there was any eggs left! I did not use the original ( yellow colour) as i could not find any in shops around here and as long as you dont buy the alcohol free one it will work, we used the blue one the only thing it does is mak you sticky but it works. I have also done my hair even though i was checked by numerous memebers and i did read up if you have dyed blonde hair the blue one can turn your hair green but i tested this and for me ( i use nice and easy colour ) my hair stayed blonde and i didnt find any nits or eggs!
 
My instructions of how i used the Listerine :
  • open listerine and have a carrier bag or shower cap ready plus a towel or tea towel
  • dry hair and head over a sink start at the bottom of your neck as it pours to the front on its own
  • massage it in
  • tie hair up
  • put the carrier bag or shower cap over hair and towel/tea towel on shoulders as it does drip
  • leave for 2 hours
  • wash hair normally
  • comb with nit come
  • repeat again 2-4 days later
  • repeat 5 days later jsut to be on the safe side
  • put hairbrushes in a sandwich bag tip up and leave for 3 days i didnt test this i only did it on combs as i threw the old hairbrushes away.
I hope this helps someone treat the problem if the over the counter products didnt work for you :)

1 comment:

  1. Comments make me smile :) I love to know that you've visited!
    ~*~ Kt Emr ~*~

    ReplyDelete